From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 09:58:47 -0500
I appreciate Allens comments.

My experience with wet storage has been favorable and is time saving.
I put the supers back on for cleaning but a couple of years back, hurt my
back so did not and saw no difference the next year.

I have never had faster granulation of my summer honey which started with
fall honey residue. My fall honey, which comes off of wet summer honey
supers, granulates by December. But that is the honey- goldenrod and aster.
I still have non granulated summer honey into the spring. I do not heat it
and store it in less than optimum conditions in my basement. If the supers
I put on in the spring have the residue of the quick granulating honey, my
summer honey should be solid by October at the latest. But I have had some
not granulate for years with no heating.

I store the supers in an unheated barn. I stack them so no mice can get in
and put an inner cover with an outer cover on top of each stack. I do get
some bee visits to the barn since it is open, but no robbing activity since
there are few bees and they are more searching for the honey but cannot get
at it.

I have done no research, but my guess is they clean out the supers I put on
in spring, so I get the best of all possible worlds. The bees move into the
supers early and my labor and back problems are kept to a minimum.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, ME