From:
Dave Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 20:29:27 -0500
From: "Charles Harper" <[log in to unmask]>

> Henbit, at least that's what it's known by here.  It's a small blueish
tubular flower,
> member of the mint family.

   I concur, though I would describe it as red-orange pollen. You can see
photos of henbit at
http://pollinator.com/gallery/February/february_flowers.htm

  Maple pollen is gray-green-faint yellow. Maples are just starting to open.
It's been dry here so there's not as much mustard as usual (farmers are
cutting the fields early). mustard pollen is pale yellow. I saw japanese
honeysuckle open in a yard this afternoon, and there have been dandelions
all winter this year. Camelias are nearly done. My home bees worked the
daylights out of my camelia.

   Another beekeeper reports seeing alder in bloom as well. A lot of pollen
is coming into the hives, and a little nectar shakes out too.

Dave Green   SC  USA
The Pollination Home Page: http://pollinator.com