Date:
Tue, 11 Aug 1998 06:24:10 -0600
Hi Garth & all,

I'm in Castle Rock, Colorado (USA).
The eggs are still in their infant stages so it's tough (for me) to
tell, though they look identical to 1day-2day old normal queen-eggs
(i.e. not capped yet).

After reading through the responses of others though, the consensus is
she's just a new queen & a bit frustrated without proper space to lay.
I've given her another frame of ready-to-hatch larvae from my best hive,
so I expect she'll have enough room to lay for a few days at least.  By
then, I'll locate some drawn comb to add to the hive.

BTW - the queen was purchased from a queen producer (BWeaver - which I'm
100% thrilled with ! - great service & my other two queens from this
year are doing great!) so my first inclination is that "I" was doing
something wrong (vs. the queen).  Seems like this was so, though I'll
see in a few days.  Where did I read "give the bees what they need, not
what you want"?

Thanks to all for their input,
Matthew Westall