From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 2009 21:30:59 -0500
Hello All,
My longtime friend Waldo McBurney passed away today. Mr. McBurney was 106
years young.
Last year Mr. McBurney was given the title of the oldest worker in the U.S.
He was a sideline beekeeper all his life. Survived cancer when age 65. Born
in a sod house on the Kansas prairie. Holds many records in the senior
Olympics.
I did an article on Mr. McBurney for Bee Culture ( Spetember 2004 pg. 35
"Centurian Beekeeper")
His funeral will be in his home and birthplace of Quinter, Kansas on Tuesday
July 14th.
Sincerely,
Bob Harrison
Odessa, Missouri

Ps. Joe Graham & Kim Flottum ( which read BEE=-L)
 I will call his family on Sunday and ask permission to publish his obituary
in your magazines. find out their wishes as to wording. Will send as soon as
possible.  Not sure if I will attend his funeral as I have a crew working
each day this week but will stop by and visit his 90 years young widow and
grave on my next trip west on I-70.