From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 19:01:44 -0600
Hello Peter & All,

Peter said:
Two very important distinctions must be made.
One, is the product a pesticide? This is basically anything that is used to
kill pests, but generally refers to toxic substances, because non-toxic
substances seldom work against pests (there are exceptions).

 Let us put formic acid to Peters two important distinctions.

Peter said:
is the product a pesticide.

The correct question is:
IS THE PRODUCT FORMIC ACID A REGISTERED PESTICIDE and the answer is NO.

Two, is this commercial use? Home use of substances is far less regulated
than commercial use. You may use things around your house in unconventional
ways that would not be legally permissable in a  commercial  setting.

As I posted treating ones own bees ( from 1  to a million hives) would not
be against any label and as long as the beekeeper is  not selling to others
a product advertised as a *pesticide varroa control*

One is not breaking any laws I HAVE BEEN TOLD (by people which should know
what they are talking about)  that using formic acid, salt or FGMO in his or
her hive/hives as a homeopathic cure.

If however I wish to sell my home remidy as a *pesticide for control of
varroa* then I need to talk to the EPA and register the product ( Every
email on the subject I recieved privately said this!) .

Will somebody with greater knowledge than me and my close friends from a
list of over one thousand people (and EPA/FDA monitored i have been told)
please step forward and prove me wrong so I can stand corrected and we will
all know if what I have been told is correct.

Right now I do not have plans to use any formic acid product but things
could change and I would like to know the truth of the matter.

Hopefully someone from the EPA/ Fda will comment *if* they believe
differently. I welcome such information as long as they are willing to post
the proof of their logic (such as legislation).

Sincerely,
Bob