Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 2011 16:57:59 -0400
>> I have yet to find an acceptable Amm bee I was happy to introduce into my
>> operation.

>Look harder and you will!

I'm curious about this.  Seems to me that the commercial-sized UK beekeepers
are not very enthused about Amm, but other, apparently smaller beekeepers
love them.  Possibly more beekeepers, but fewer beehives in the Amm group?

This reminds me of the dichotomy here in North America where some say the
Primorsky stock is useful commercially, while the larger operators have been
slow to adopt it, even though most have tried it or watched close friends work
with it.

The same difference of opinion extends to the question of resistant stocks
and treatment-free beekeeping.  Small operators swear by both, but few, if
any large operators find them practical on any scale or in the long run.

That leads me to ask, what is the largest UK operation using Amm?

Also, what proportion of UK beekeepers who rely on beekeeping for most or
all their income employ Amm?

What percentage of hives in the UK house Amm swarms?