Date:
Sat, 30 Apr 2011 11:54:16 -0400
>Most who have been down the no treatment road in the past say that they were doing fine for three years, then "Bang".  we all keep hoping and many of us keep dipping a toe into the water.<

I don't think anyone is immune to high hive mortalities; it's just a matter of time to when it will hit any of us. I know of many good beeks here in British Columbia that have had outrages winter losses this winter and treat. Our biggest honey producer two years ago lost 3600 of 4000 hives and has since gone into receivership. This is not making a living. Pick a number it will come up sooner or later!