From:
Paul Cherubini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2007 19:01:32 -0700
Erik Whalen-Pedersen wrote:

> This so-called repellent would be for (wasps) YELLOWJACKETS
> and not bees!  Honeybees seek nectar and pollen.  Wasps get
> whatever they can and the most common offenders in this case.

You might want to check out the trash dumpster area of
a large commercial bakery sometime to see what critters
come to rob the frosting off of discarded cinnamon rolls, cakes
or donuts: honeybees, yellowjackets and ants.

Or you might want to visit a sugar beet or apple juice processing
plant and ask the employees what's one of the major critters that
will fly into the plant if the windows or doors are cracked
open: honeybees. Ditto in regard to candy factories, soda pop
factories, etc.

I am unaware of an commercially available repellent spray
that is capable of keeping bees, ants and wasps away from
sugary food products left out in the open for more
than a matter of minutes or hours.

Paul Cherubini
El Dorado, Calif.