Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 12:54:08 -0700
Arnold asked about flavored honey.
     The most important part of beekeeping is the education of those who
wish to partake in the wonderful world of the bee. And the first step is to
know what happens when the bee meets the flower. If the flowers are from a
Raspberry patch, the nectar tastes like Raspberry, from the Blackberry
plant, tastes like Blackberry and so on.
    The closer to the flower that you put your hives, the better chance that
the honey will taste like berry you pick.
    It's not that some people don't know this, but those who buy your honey
might not and should be informed. I get asked all the time on " How do you
get the flavors". So I tell the customers and they feel good about learning
something that they never know before

Joe McManus
Loving You Honey Farms
Bremerton, WA. USA