From:
BeeFarmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 11:43:14 -0500
Just wanted to give a quick update on our 4-H project.  With all the snow
this past weekend it  was a good time for my daughter and I work on her 4-H project.
We updated Hive Tool project with new help information, more drop
down selections, updated the IR print function, and added the ability to use a
PDA with a scanner to allow scanning barcodes on hives.   We also did some
other little changes to make it look prettier "as my daughter said." We also created
a emulator that simulates the Hive Tool program.  This can be used to show you how the
program works without having a Palm Device although, the scanning feature
will not function on the emulator.

The Hive Tool Program is for use with Palm Pilot type devices and will only
work if you have one to install it to.  Palm type devices have a program
called Palm Desktop that will recognize the extension of PRC and open a
program called Hotsync.   Hotsync will load The Hive Tool to your Palm
Device.  Once installed and selected for the first time the program will
expand itself into a functioning program.

If you don't have a palm device and but would like to see the program you
can download the Hive Tool Emulator!

We would also like to hear your comments about the program!

The Hive Tool can be found at
http://www.homestead.com/BeeKeepers/BeesRUs.html

BeeFarmer
Getting Kids involved in 4H Beekeeping