From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 10:31:00 -0800
Hi all

Murray said of thymol (Apiguard)...

> So, in my opinion, useful as a PART of a treatment regime, but not best
> applied as a single treatment option. (But then none are)

It is useful for a break in regime, but I would not rely on it for anything
more than an interim measure. There is a downside to it as well.... I used
it in some nucs and the sun decided to shine more strongly than normal for a
couple of days... the increased evaporation caused them to abscond.

The smell was very strong at the time and there is still a whiff of it in
the empty boxes.

Apart from the Apiguard foil trays, you can use crystalline thymol in
evaporator frames such as....

http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman/fraknoframe.html

or the

http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman/brooksknight.html

Or formic acid my be used in similar frames with evaporators...

http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman/nassenheider.html

Best Regards & 73s... Dave Cushman, G8MZY
Beekeeping & Bee Breeding Website...
http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman