Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 2010 05:02:32 GMT
From: Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>

>Talk about wild uninformed speculation. How do these get past the moderator?

Speculation:  Absolutely!  ...which is precisely why i began my post with:
"...i'm bringing this up just for thought..."

Wild:  Probably...even from my perspective.  If you don't believe that changing the ph of feed for something as complex as a beehive from 3.5-4.5 to 6.0 _probably_ has some effect on something important (the microbes at least), then absolutely...it's wild.

Uninformed:  Really?  Honestly, I'd like you to explain what about what i posted was uninformed.  I'm sure you won't.

Look, I was merely putting together a number of claims made on the list in the recent past.

Juanse cites Jerry indicating that his research shows some involvement with fungi (microbes) and "pathogen" (another microbe?).

Someone (can't recall off the top of my head) suggested that Dave Hackenburg was giving his bees plenty of sucrose, indicating that this should be the best thing for them (and to fight ccd).

Dave says that VC helps with ccd.

Everyone starts wondering what the nutritive value/affect that VC might have on bees....but the gross, obvious, and most likely effect for an acid to have in feed is to make it more acidic, whether it has nutritive value or not.  Making syrup more acidic brings it's ph closer to that of honey.  ph is an important consideration when you are looking at an environment for microbes, no?

So, what did I say that qualifies as "uninformed"?  If you are going to toss such accusations around (especially in my direction), I'd appreciate you being clear about what you mean.

deknow