Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2014 10:07:27 -0400
Kris Baert  said>The hive next to it (at 1.5 m distance) did not get sick (until now).

I had two hives next the sick one, but I had just moved them in a week b/4 the problem, moved them out the day I found the dead bees, they are showing no symptoms.

>I noticed a few 'little blacks' in the hive and started suspecting chronic bee paralysis virus

I read the symptoms of chronic bee paralysis a while back and figured if it wasn't a pesticide problem that it would be the most likely cause.  But I'm having more than a few little blacks, but most don't get black, just darken up.

>How long would the frames from this hive remain infective, if it was CBPV ? Could I reuse the frames from the honey box next year ?

The day I noticed it, I was there to pull full honey supers, I left them on not knowing if they would have pesticides in them,
either way if pesticide or CVBPV if the hive dies I'm just going to burn the whole thing, replacement equipment is cheaper than putting the equipment on other hives and causing more problems.  thanks mike(Syracuse ny)