From:
Todd Warner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2008 11:45:00 -0400
On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 7:43 PM, Ruth Rosin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> information relayed in the "dialect" of their own species. (This is
> naturally unacceptable to scientists who do not accept the existence of
> "instincts", which they view as non-definable, and hence, non-existent
> entities.)

Can you cite where science (meaning scientific consensus) denies the
existence of "instinct"? I ask because I contend you are utterly wrong
on this point. That being said, you can probably find a "scientist"
that adheres to or denies all kinds of ideas. For example, you can
find a very few scientists who still contend that evolution doesn't
occur, regardless of the mountain of obvious evidence in front of them
and the years and years of research that supports the theory.
Scientific consensus is more of a reliable indicator of what
"scientists think". I assume that is what you are referring to when
you say "scientists". If so, your statement is not correct, unless I
am mistaking your meaning.

-todd