From:
Rebecca Zens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Aug 2009 19:14:32 -0400
i have a few questions about what to ask off-list vs. on-list. i'm an aspiring
scientist (still in undergraduate school). from what i've seen, there are alot of
experienced scientists of different disciplines on this listserv (which is
awesome! what a resource!). how do you AS scientists know what to ask on-
list vs. off-list as far as research ideas and whatnot?

i'm just wondering because i've only posted twice. once was my introductory
post that had a little bit of background on my school project on varroa, and i
got quite a few responses on and off list. my second post was asking about
nosema, and i only got one off-list response (is nosema ceranae so new that
no one really wants to divulge information that may be related to their own
research that's not published yet? i know the listserv seems like a comfy round
table discussion, but that hundreds of people from all over the world actually
read it. or did i use some "bad" words in that post. i didn't THINK so... thymol
isn't registered for use for nosema, but it IS registered for varroa... maybe it
was just a dumb post or maybe everybody was gone for the week?).
anyways, the only reason i'm asking this is because i have lots of questions
and ideas that it would be awesome to have insight from somebody with
higher education, or just to point me in an instructional direction.

can somebody let me know how you decide how and what kind of information
you post with regards to your research projects?

the chihuahua tryin' to hang with the big dogs,
Rebecca Zens