From:
Peter John Keating <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter John Keating <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 11:02:51 -0500
Greetings,
l usually agree with Allen, but this time l have to point out that
imidacloprid IS ALREADY available in North America, including Canada. The
sites given below will enlighten Allen (for his site) and others that the
Mad Bee Disease may already be upon us,disguised as virus effects of varroa?
Bayer is killing colonies in France with Gaucho and saving colonies in the
U.S. with Check-Mite. A revue of the below sites will reveal that it is a
very toxic product which we can safely used as a flea collar for domestic
animals!!!
Peter
http://www.msstate.edu/Entomology/v8n2/art06.html

 http://151.99.190.57/fito/principi/imida.stm
 http://www.ns.ec.gc.ca/reports/admire.html
http://ace.orst.edu/info/nptn/factsheets/imidacloprid.htm
http://pmep.cce.cornell.edu/profiles/extoxnet/haloxyfop-methylparathion/imid
http://www.nofleas.com/vets/Chemical.html
 http://www.biologists.com/JEB/200/21/jeb1249.html

 However, recently
 imidacloprid has been given a clean bill of health by a prominent Canadian
 entomologist, apparently working with Bayer, the manufacturer, and without
much
 input -- if any -- from Canadian beekeepers.  Imidacloprid products have
thus
 received approvals for use in Canada in this coming season.  My
understanding is
 that it is being approved also in the USA.

 There has been little discussion in North America about this chemical and
its
 potential effects on beekeeping and pollination of crops.  This is partly
 because most of the discussion is in French and the material has not been
well
 collected and presented for browsing coherently.