From:
Murray McGregor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 2010 16:33:06 +0000
In message
Joe Lewis <[log in to unmask]> writes
> Apparently it is so slick the bees legs have difficulty grabbing it!

The red suit I mentioned before, and my first yellow one, were Sherriffs
suits made from this material. Nice suits, but I can assure you the bees
CAN grip on them, though less readily than cotton.

Nice light suits...........but there is one big but that meant I had to
bin my yellow one after only a couple of weeks service. Smokers melt
holes in them, as do any hot embers coming out of the smoker. I
personally work taller colonies with the smoker held between my
knees..............hence the rapid demise of the suit......and they also
rip like crazy if you catch them on a rough corner of the roof metal or
the likes. If those two things were resolved I would buy them again,
despite them being a seriously expensive suit.

BB Wear, that I mentioned in an earlier posting, is an offshoot of
Sherriffs. Some family dispute, nature of which is unknown to me, and
one of them went off and set up on their own. They have made refinements
to the suits and personally I feel them to be superior at present.
--
Murray McGregor