From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 2010 02:26:14 -0800

> >I want to test this line of bees to determine how hygienic they are; as,
> they continue to survive varroa and other pests and diseases without any
> treatments.

Hi Jim,  if your bees have survived for 10 years without treatment, then
whether they are hygienic or not is rather academic!  I'd be very curious
for hear what kind of mite levels they have--alcohol wash of 1/2 cup of bees
from the brood area (or center of the cluster).

I suggest that you further propagate your stock  next spring and share with
local beekeepers for testing in their yards.  The point is to disseminate
good, productive survivor stock.

Randy Oliver