From:
"Joel F. Magsaysay" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 15:28:44 +0800
Christopher,

I used to use a lot of wooden frame feeders. They will leak. The cheapest
and least bothersome thing to do wil be to dip them in molten paraffin wax.
Keep them submerged fo 1 or 2 minutes to allow the hot wax to seep in. If
they continue to leak, try a longer dip time. Fashion some tongs as wood
equipment will tend to float. Then New Zealanders have a hinged grate which
keeps the wood equipment under and frees your hands for other work.

It will be good to have a drip tray on which excess wax can drip and flow
back into the dip tank.

Joel F. Magsaysay
ILOG MARIA HONEYBEE FARMS
Cavite, Highlands
Philippines
063 - 46 - 865 - 0018 (home phone)
063 - 917 - 502 - 7538 (Joel's cell phone)
063 - 917 - 477 - 2194 (Voilaine's cell phone)
063 - 912 - 318 - 7517 (Home cell phone)