Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2008 21:04:49 -0700
As has been tradition every year since 9/11/2001, the members of
the Gotham City Beekeeper Cooperative will party in Manhattan until
everybody falls down, or until they run out of tequila, whichever
comes last.

All are invited.

Our reasoning should be obvious - If we don't party on 9/11,
then the terrorists will have already won.

This year, we will be hitting rooftop bars, starting with A60 (60
Thompson St)
at 9ish, and and then moving to the Library Hotel (299 Madison Ave)
rooftop
lounge at midnight, which has a fireplace to take the forecasted chill
off.
If both places are dull, we will move to the "High Bar" at the Gramercy
Park Hotel (2 Lexington Ave)

Any and all beekeepers are welcome, but please RSVP, as A60 still has
their brain-damaged "guest list" policy in force, still hoping in vain
that an actual celebrity might show up.

Neither traffic nor parking will be a problem, as a significant fraction
of
Manhattan wimps out and finds a lame excuse to be somewhere else every
year.
Public transit will run like clockwork due to a light passenger load,
and the
overly polite, painfully young, neatly dressed, and heavily-armed
members
of the NYPD will be in every subway station, on every subway train, and
on
nearly every street corner in full tactical gear.