From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 21:59:06 -0400
Aaron Morris said:
> This is too true for coincidence.  The "gentleman" who lodged the complaint
> that started all the problems I wrote about (being harassed by small
> village government) keeps a plastic hawk mounted on his roof to scare the
> birds away from his next-door neighbor's bird feeders.  Indeed, he objected
> to bird poop.  The woman who likes feeding the birds commented, "There's
> really got to be a problem with a guy who hates the birds and the bees!"

At risk of stating the obvious, you may want to check the
public record to see just how many "formal complaints"
and actual lawsuits this fellow has filed in the past.  An
effective technique would be to simply offer to the public
enforcement officials a neatly typed list of his activities,
in chronological order.  The goal here would be to discredit
his complaint as one of many complaints against a wide
range of people on a wide range of issues.

There ARE such things as full-time busybodies.   Exposing
them as such is all the "defense" one needs offer, and it can
often be done in person and off-the-record with the same
people who are dragging you through the court system.
If the public servants seem unreceptive, then one's lawyer
can question the busybody about each and every prior
incident of complaint until the judge gets the message.

Scenarios like poor Aaron's are why my policy remains
firm - all I want is my land, and all the land that adjoins it.

        jim

        farmageddon