From:
David Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 08:17:08 EST
In a message dated 2/15/99 7:54:12 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
(Bobby R Fanning) writes:

> I am looking for research results or white papers on the subject of "cotton
>  pollination" relative to honeybees.    Any input would be appreciated.

   McGregor pulled together the research up until 1976 in his pollination
"Bible," now out of print, but, thanks to Bee Culture and the USDA lab at
Tucson, is partily published online at http://www.airoot.com

   Then I would contact Dr. Steve Buchmann or one of the other scientists at
the Tucson lab, where a lot of research has been done. They can supply
reprints of articles published by their scientists there, (and a lot of cotton
pollination research was done there).

    The lab's web page is at     http://gears.tucson.ars.ag.gov/

     I hope to get together a summary of the papers at The Pollination Home
Page, but it is awaiting, along with a boxful of other resources, my "free"
time. Unfortunately the constraints of making a living don't permit me to get
this labor of love together as fast as I'd like.

[log in to unmask]     Dave Green  Hemingway, SC  USA
The Pollination Scene:  http://users.aol.com/pollinator/polpage1.html
The Pollination Home Page:    http://www.pollinator.com

Jan's Sweetness and Light Shop    (Varietal Honeys and Beeswax Candles)
http://users.aol.com/SweetnessL/sweetlit.htm