From:
BILL HUGHES JR <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 00:26:10 -0500
Thanks all for responding.  Yesterday I had a meeting with the BWEP
bee and environmental coordinator and the USDA representative and
took them by most of my locations that are close (under 100 yards)
from cotton.  They said that they would place monitors near my
colonies to monitor for pesticide drifting.  And will call me the
night before spraying.  If I have any problems they want me to
contact them and they will correct the problem.  BWEP said that most
of the colony losses in other eradication areas have been due to
drifting.

The USDA man said that the spraying will not be done if the winds are
above 12 mph.  Also that the planes will be equipped GPS so that they
will have a detailed map of all spraying. (a cover their rear plan).
The spraying will take place every 5 days until mid September then
every 7 days until a killer frost or the cotton has been defoleated.

Now to Andy Nachbaur's suggestion that I contact Al Gore.  When I
turned 21 in 1969 I was proud to be able to vote aganist Al Gore's
father twice, once in the primary and in the general election.  I am
happy to say that year we threw him out office where he has been
drawing a fat pension ever since.  So this should suggest my feeling
about Al Jr.

Thanks to evey one again for their suggestions and I will keep you
informed of this project.

Bill Hughes
Bent Holly Honey Farm
Brighton, Tennessee