From:
Ted Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 May 1997 10:54:15 -0400
John Wolford wrote:

> Also, I have one hive that is queenless and has laying workers.  I placed
> two frames of brood from a strong hive into this hive.  I was told to do
> this so they would develop a new queen.  I did this about 7 days ago.  I
> checked today and did not notice any new queen cells.  I need some help on
> this one.  Anybody got any advice.  What next?

Why does this problem keep coming up?  Laying workers will never accept
a new queen, nor will the colony try to develop one from good new
brood.  The only hope in saving your equipment from the eventual wax
moths when the colony dies is to shake the bees out onto the ground and
add the frames to other colonies.

Ted Fischer
Dexter, Michigan USA