Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2010 08:13:41 -0600
On 3/10/2010 9:16 PM, Bob Harrison wrote:

> I am going to upset a few Russian beekeepers:
>
> Tax payer funding paid for the project but a Russian breeder queen
> cost *at
> first* $500 a queen.THESE WERE NOT INSTRUMENTALLY INSEMINATED QUEENS BUT
> SIMPLE OPEN MATED QUEENS SELECTED FROM YARDS!

More Incorrect then correct the Russian breeder queens were open mated
but on an island with all the drone colonies and mating nucs boated to
the island
in the Fall of the year then boated back to the mainland ( a 500 mile
round trip) then over wintered for sale to beekeepers wishing to have
Russian stock next spring.
Other breeder queens were much higher or at par $$$ wise.

--
Harper's Honey Farm
Charles Harper