From:
Robert Brenchley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Nov 2005 07:18:03 EST
In a message dated 04/11/05 01:59:06 GMT Standard Time,  [log in to unmask]
writes:

<<Isis Glass <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Bees  eating eggs and larvae is what I have always
> heard. You never see  them
> dragging out larvae, now, do you?

By the same token, have  you ever seen them eating the
eggs and/or larvae?

Mike in  Alabama>>

I've seen both. In my first year as a beekeeper, I  found large numbers of
larvae being thrown out onto the hive floor, and  subsequently thrown out of the
hive, where I found them on the ground. I  panicked, thinking it was EFB, but
it was actually an ill-adapted strain trying  to raise more brood than it
could cope with early in the season, resulting in  starved brood. I now find
larvae being uncapped and eaten, with no sign of any  being thrown out.

    Regards,

    Robert Brenchley