From:
Jay Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 May 1996 10:31:53 -0800
As a system administrator I whole heartedly support the above.  I have sent
a gentle note to the students indicating the implications of their open
ended request.  If meets the characteristics of a chain letter and is
equally destructive.  My hunch is that that account has already been
removed from their providers machine.  The reason I am sending this note in
support is that we all must be aware of the implications of the notes we
send out and those that we forward.  Please consider them as you are
delaing with the growing lag on the network.

Jay Jones

p.s.  It is important to note that we were all at that level once though and
gentle education as well as preventative instruction is probably the best
course of action.