From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 May 2010 04:02:55 +0200
> At Beeologics, scientists are convinced that IAPV is the primary cause of
CCD ...

PeterB I will like to answer to your Beeologics post with what JerryB wrote
a while back. Maybe Jerry had changed opinion and he can correct me.

from http://www.beeculture.com/content/BeeAlert.pdf

"I’ve been deliberately staying out of the IAPV discussions, but given some
recent statements on some honey bee discussions groups, I see a need to
clarify some points.  The authors of the  Science paper published
their preliminary results and presented their conclusions.  Unfortunately,
we question the association with IAPV ...

As noted by Erik Stokstad, who wrote an overview article that was published
in the same issue of Science, our data (Bee Alert, BVS, working with the
ARMY ECBC laboratory in Aberdeen, MD) does not implicate any one virus as
being associated with CCD, not even as a biomarker.

We have looked at bee samples from across the county.  In these samples, we
have detected more than a dozen different viruses with as many as 4-6 new,
heretofore unclassified and unnamed viruses.

...."

--
Juanse Barros J.
APIZUR S.A.