Date:
Sun, 3 Jul 2011 11:18:07 -0400
>We are planning on harvesting our first queen cells tomorrow morning. . Can anyone suggest how best to move these cells?  they are not in cell protectors, just on the bar.

If you have counted correctly and if they are ripe, then your biggest concern is early emergence.  If that happens, then the early queen(s) will kill one another and the rest.  Cell protectors are a good investment.

As for handling them, if they are ripe (have almost full colour), keep them out of the sun and don't chill them.  They are not particularly temperature sensitive at this stage, especially for the short time in transport, but full sun may well damage them in minutes.

They are not too shock sensitive at this point and can be kept on the bar or removed and laid on their sides in a can or basket with a cloth.  Some use a bag of warm water under the cloth if the day is cool. I carry them in my breast pocket sometimes.

Others may have more and better details, but this is a quick reply for a start.