From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jul 2015 18:27:32 -0700

> >Common sense does not support it either

Charlie, it's important to separate "common sense" (which is often
completely wrong about bees) from "field observations," which is what you
reported.  I call such field observations by many beekeepers "ground
truthing."  And the reports that I get from all over tend to support your
observations.

That was the point of my article "The Extinction of the Honey Bee"--my
ground truthing from visiting beekeepers in the heart of neonic country
simply did not support the claims of those who were blaming all bee
problems on neonics.  There are clear issues with planting dust from corn,
and from some foliar applications.  But there are a lot of thriving bee
operations in the middle of neonic/GMO corn/soy/canola country.

Unfortunately, some have made the anti neonic mantra into their belief
system, and no amount of evidence will convince them otherwise.  I'm no
supporter of widespread insecticide use (including neonics), but to any
objective person weighing the evidence, it would be hard to make a case
against the neonics hold water.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA