From:
Tom Elliott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 1996 20:36:46 -0800
Tom Allen wrote:

> Al Needham, I like your attitude about the sanctity of lilve in all its
> forms. Only this morning I was with an Algonquin lady who is very deout in
> her bekuefs stemming from her Native American background. We talked at length
> about her feeling of the right to life and after life for all God's
> creatures. Where does man get the idea that the world is for man and man
> alone? Im not sure about the Christian ethic towards animals insects etc, but
> the thought that man in created in God'simage and that all other life forms
> are not., really chills me. The beauty and creativity of the smallest life
> forms required just as much of God's efforts as human. Yes. we can see that
> man has evolved in a most rapid form  but then the fundamentalllist
> willbelieve that man did not evolve but was created as is. All this is very
> confusing. But I do agree that we do not have the right to destroy other life
> forms
> '

I question the appropriatness of Bee-L as a forum to proclaim the superiority of Native American religion
over Christianity.  And as a fundamentalist Christian I take it as a put down.

If you would like to discuss it privately, I would be pleased to do so.  But, let's keep it off the list,
please.
--
"Test everything.  Hold on to the good."  (1 Thessalonians 5:21)

Tom Elliott
Eagle River, Alaska