From:
Rich Schneider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jan 2017 17:58:41 -0500
For several years we made teaching or more appropriately demonstration hives exactly as you describe and they were fairly popular. We had them with photo frames taken of one of our hives in Wisconsin in late summer, and we also had a honey super one as well that illustrated all stages of brood, the structure of an actual brood nest, the progression of filling and capping in a super, etc. We stopped calling them teaching hives because some people complained that they didn't show all the possible problems that a hive could have. Those folks wanted something that showed hive beetles, wax moths, brood diseases. That wasn't the intent of our demo hives. They were intended to be used in place of taking live bees into a public setting. Maybe at some point we will resurrect that with even higher resolution photos and put with it extra frames illustrating problems.

Rich
Capital Bee Supply
Manufacturers and Purveyors of Fine Beekeeping Equipment
Columbus, WI