From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jul 2009 10:04:58 -0600
> However, the clincher to me is to look at the carbon isotope levels.
<snip>
> I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that the isotope ratios indicate that
> rising CO2 levels are likely anthropogenic.

Could be, and that is of interest, however it proves nothing in relation to
'global warming' (or what, now that we are apparently in a cooling phase, is
conveniently renamed 'climate change').

What it may prove is something that is already obvious: that we are
polluting our planet, (or to choose a less loaded term) altering levels of
some chemicals in ways that may or may not be significant.  That, I think is
beyond debate.

The link between C02 and changes in climate, however is more of a stretch.
Personally, I am quite concerned about heat and light pollution, and their
local effects.  Interestingly, the idea of replacing energy that has been
locked up fossil fuel with heat and light and motive energy from wind, water
and sun would reduce the net heat load from civilization.  That does not
solve the problem of heat being dumped in water bodies or the atmosphere,
but it does reduce the heat input.

What this has to do with bees, I am not sure, but I guess, bees being as
important as they apparently are, we must assume that everything has
something to do with bees..