Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2008 02:22:45 GMT
>>Of all the sciences, food science is really in its infancy.

One does not get that impression from reading the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition or the Journal of Nutrition.  I'd say the orthodox doctors' knowledge and application of clinical nutrition is in infancy due to a lack of interest and the influence of big pharma.

>>The problem with most food science is it is nearly impossible to control the variables.

In science, good designs of experiment involve a definition of control and noise variables and tests are run to determine statistical significance.

>>A robust immune system could take just about
anything on and, with the proper support, could fight cancer.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/80beats/2008/06/19/with-help-a-patients-own-immune-system-fights-off-skin-cancer/

Waldemar

PS.  I've had very skeptical people come to my house for honey at the urging of their friends and family.  Many claim to be able to get off anti-allergy drugs.