From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2008 04:19:27 -0700
> In beekeeping we have always had those we call
> "crusaders". I have been
> friends with many of these types through out the years!

I can tell you are good friends them by the use of the terms "crusaders" and "these types".  Same loving words Grandma used to use.

What is so bad about a beekeeper choosing a non-chemical approach, breeding for resistance in bees for varroa?
Is it offending to you in some manner?

food production needs a couple
> million hives for
> pollination.

I’m not up on current figures, but with about 2.4 million bee colonies in the USA, is there data that shows 2 million colonies directly involved in food production?

its great for some to ignore new diseases and
> problems to
> hopefully find other answers

Please explain how breeding for resistance is ignoring any bee problem?

Joe