Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2008 21:22:13 GMT
-- Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>...were these the Hackenburg hives?

it was my understanding that some of the hives were...but not all.  you might note that i've posted the entire video so you can do your own research into the details.

>What is really puzzling is the apparent lack of any tests of both the inside pollen, wax and honey compared to what was collected from traps in the same colony.

well, from what maryann said, it did not seem that they were expecting to find fluvalinate and coumaphos in the trapped pollen.  they tested trapped pollen becuse they thought they would find neonics (which they did, but only in very specific orchard and orange grove situations).  these findings of fluvalniate and coumaphos appear to have surprised the researchers.

>Seems to be a lack of control of the experiment.

there was no "experement" per se.  they were assaying (taking samples) from bee colonies.

>If you do not know the state of the bee going out how can you measure what is coming back in? Is it from outside pesticides or
was it on the bee all along?

well, ultimately, it would be hard to imagine how fluvalinate and coumaphos got into the hive if by some other route than put in there by the beekeeper.  it is also pretty reasonable to assume that something in the hive that wasn't put there came in from the environment.

>The eastern group seems to be fixated on
the Hackenberg hives at the exclusion of most all else. A single data point does not a study make.

my recollection (unconfirmed) is that there were on the order of about 50 operations being looked at.

deknow