From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2006 12:21:06 -0500
If anyone is using the Dadant in-line honey filter, and purchasing filter
bags from Dadant, or similar felt bags, there are better cheaper bags
available.

The 50 micron bags that Dadant sells can't be washed. First use I get a
barrel or a barrel an a half of honey, through the bag. Second time, after
washing, is maybe half that.

These bags are monofilament weave, meaning the particulates don't get
caught between the fibers. They're available in a wide range of mesh sizes.
I'm using two Dadant filters, the first with 150 micron bags. This gets rid
of most foreign matter, and can be easily washed. I just put 30,000 lbs of
honey through the same bag...washed many times. For this load, I only had
the regular 50 micron felt bags. I have a box on 55 micron bags on order
for the second filter.

I figure I'll save somewhere around $1000 a year on filter bags. Instead of
300 or more bags a year, I just ordered 50 of each size, and I expect
they'll last for years.
Mike

They can be purchased from:

www.filtrationunlimited.com