From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 1998 13:07:19 -0600
> DADANT'S at Fresno is the best first source of information for the
> availability of the products needed to make one's own bee diets. They
> also will be happy to sell you the soy diets ready to feed if that what
> the beekeepers want.<G>  I will try to post the latest, greatest,
> formulas in use by the commercial beekeepers here in the near future.

Well, it's patty making time again.  We're going to start next week, I
think.

I have a pallet of brewers yeast from California Spray Dry's oven A
sitting in the shop and a pallet of soy flour and some bags of BEEPRO.  I
also have a kilo of the secret ingredient. (How much do I use, Andy?)

I have some trapped pollen coming and am ready for those fomulae Andy has
promised and also any ideas form elsewhere (Please).

I think I have Mark's formula in my file and also the one that worked for
us last year (and the one that didn't).

What I'm hoping is that we can get some more chatter going here on the
subject.  I know last year the info that came across paid me well for my
efforts on the list and that we got better buildup than usual.  That meant
more splits and more honey.

I'm hoping that this year we'll do even better since we are going to boost
the yeast component from about 20% to 50% or more of the non-sugar,
non-water components.  We're going to continue to add lots of extra sugar
too.

Comments?

Allen