From:
Bob Darrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Dec 2011 13:19:37 -0500
On 29-Dec-11, at 11:08 AM, Peter L Borst wrote:

>>  Lowbush blueberries are there to start with so the fields are not
>> actually planted but rather managed to promote the blueberry
>> plants at the expense of other native plants.
>
> Right. So this is the part I don't get. If there already are
> millions of acres of blueberries, then there almost must be
> pollinators in equally large numbers.

Hi Peter and all

Several years ago we had a speaker from a lumber company in New
Brunswick, describing his blueberry operation on land that had been
recently timbered off.  They used brush hog type machines to remove
or reduce all other growth, allowing blueberries to flourish where
they had previously been a small part of the undergrowth.

Bob Darrell
Caledon Ontario
Canada
44N80W