From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2017 09:42:40 -0500
Funny thing came in the mail today,  USDA/APHIS  report on bee bread samples taken AUG 17 last year

Trace of thymol
Trace of DPMF

Both from mite treatments....

ND for ALL other pesticides,  despite being in the middle of AG country and surrounded by corn and beans for miles,  as well as the fact those hives had been in cranberries in July.

What is really interesting is the data they send along,  looks like as a general guideline around 1% of hives are showing any neonics exposure.   Puts a very interesting twist on a lot of the reports,  and this one I actually trust!

By contrast  Bifenthrin (pyrethroid family)was found in 5% and Cyhalothrin was in 6.3%  of the samples overall....

If you add them all up  neonics family shows around 5% of the samples,  Pyrethroids  around 17% of the total  Carbaryl was around 2%

SO  what the USDA data says is that the foliar sprayed pyrethroids, and the Carbaryl families (Sevin dust)  are found a lot more than neonics DESPITE the claims we use way to much.

Betting we don’t see that data as a meme on face book or written up in articles anytime soon.

Charles