From:
Bill Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 14:31:09 -0500
I have six hives at my home.  Three have bottom entrances and three have
1 inch holes drilled next to the hand hole and also have bottom entrances.
Of course the bees in the hives with only the bottom entrances use those,
but the bees in the hives with the 1 inch holes all use them and not the
bottom entrances.  I have always been of the opinion that you give the bees
a nice landing board.  Given the oportunity to choose, the bees choose the
little hole.

Any comments?

billy bee