Date:
Sun, 3 May 1998 10:05:18 -0600
Can an extra queen be kept in reserve if kept in a cage in an otherwise
normal colony.  I have just heard that several queens are sometimes kept
together in cages in the same queenright colony, but can't find anything on
the subject in the books I have available.  It doesn't seem that the bees
would normally tolerate more than one queen.  Confused but interested in
the details of how its done.  Sorry to have used all the bandwidth. Send
e-mail to me directly if this is a "beat up"  topic.