Thu, 27 Feb 2014 22:33:13 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (25 lines)
Here is more of that conversation from the Finger Lakes Beekeeping Club:

My response to Pete:

Pete..."In the view of many researchers, neonics are NOT the problem."

My answer: "In the view of "many researchers", climate change isn't a problem, either.  But they are not the MAJORITY, in fact, they are a select minority and many of those climate-change-denier scientists are paid by certain giant corporations.

That seems to be the case with neonics, too.  Lots of people took lessons from the first big experts on "how to protect your cash cows", Phillip-Morris.***

I encourage you to actually quantify the peer-reviewed research that supports use of neonics and weigh that against work that shows it has negative effects on many nontarget species, including bees.   In particular, work has shown that Varroa thrives on honeybee exposure to neonics.  And we all know what that means!  To aggravate that reality....how well are our Varroa treatments working these days?

Also...what happened to the Bee-L thread where it was pointed out that crop yield using neonics does not differ from crop yield without neonics...when every other relevant variable was held constant (meaning no other pesticides were used)?  Isn't that worth more conversation?

Christina

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2