From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2014 13:10:41 -0400
An anaphalactic type reaction?

I also would point out the shots are not as strong (from bee sting therapy  people ) as a bee sting.

Also the shots are not given in places where the sting causes a stronger reaction such as a blood vein in the wrist.

I posted six months ago about my lung /oxygen issues when around large numbers of bees. I was told to wear a
TB /surgical mask (which I have done usually) and the condition has improved (cat scan last week).

Doctors *in my opinion* do not fully understand the bee sting. The doctors I see are considered the best around.

The last point my doctor made was his saying:
"remember you are allergic to bees!)

I was tested for Bombus and mellifera. Normal for Bombus but three times the reference for mellifera.

I have zero reaction when stung ( site reaction) .

Am I at risk of a shock reaction?

I do not believe so (keep epipen handy) but I am not a doctor so each person has to decide.

Shock reactions are serious business.

I believe my problem is a lot more common than many realize in beekeepers which has been keeping larger numbers of hives for years. (over 50 years in my case)

Bees are hairy creatures and the hairs are covered with pollen and breathed in when billions of bees are flying.

According to my doctor the hairs are in the bottom part of my lungs and and blocking oxygen intake.

In his opinion similar to the way asbestos does in lungs. (his office does many of those cases)

 However the condition has improved since the cat scan 6 months ago but not gone and I still have some liquid in lungs.

My advice in your helpers case:

get a second opinion.

Talk to the bee sting therapy people

carry an epipen