From:
Brian Fredericksen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2007 20:25:13 -0400
we do 4 farmers markets a week in a large metropolitan area.

by now we have endured 100's of helpful and concerned inquiries about our bees.

the standard exchange goes something like this

" so how are your bees? are any of your bees disappearing?"

they're ok we had a larger then average winter loss though.

" so you lost your bees to the new disorder too? I hear its affecting beekeepers all over the world,
what do you supposes is causing this?"

well we had a larger then normal winter kill, thats different then bees that disappear....

"thats's terrible, I heard that cell phones are killing the bees too, did you see that in the news?
maybe that's what killed your bees"

well no I don't beleive that, .....really that story was misrepresented

"you should read the newspapers to learn more about the disease and cell phones it sounds like
you have that colony whatever disorder, I'll bring along the article next time"

ok thanks for the concern......bye bye

( if this is a cross section of the public's understanding imagine how many beekeepers are
confused )

here is one article forwarded to me on CCD I thought was right on for once.....

http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mvanishingbees.htm