From:
Eric Stromgren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2013 15:08:31 -0400
Seems to me that these authors chose to overlook the fact that the primary source of phytochemicals found in pollen and propolis are, in fact, pollen and propolis - not honey. Makes me wonder if this effect would be seen in bees fed a diet that includes more than straight sugar. I agree that and natural and diverse diet including, honey and pollen, likely a better source of food for the bees than anything we feed them, but I can't think of a situation where a bees would not be able to have any pollen, propolis, or honey (the conditions in this experiment).

Cheers- E