From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 May 2007 19:08:12 -0500
Hello Scot & All,
Scot said:
>I just shake the frames. Snap Snap, they are free of bees. Takes less time
than using Bee Go...

Some hobby beekeepers on the list might buy the above but all the sideline &
commercial will get a chuckle from the above.

There is no way removing each frame and removing bees from each frame is
*faster* (let alone takes less time) than using a fume board. We use as many
as 10 fume boards at a time.

We place on the hive ssupers and move on. cross ways first to give bees a
chance to exit.

When we return  (several minutes later)many times (in hot weather) we can
pull two supers of 9 frames at once and toss on the pallet. Plus we do not
have the problem of robbing bees trying to reenter the super.

tip:
 We leave the fume board on top the removed super until the super is placed
on the special honey house pallet( keep bees from reentering bee free super)
.

Then the fume board is removed and a
special bee proof lid is placed on the bee free super. The pallet is loaded
on a large flatbed truck and moved to the honey house. The pallet is removed
by forklift and sat in the honey house. The special pallet is moved and
lifted up to 32 in. in the air in the honey house by a special pallet jack.

Each super is handled ONE TIME by hand. Off the hive and on the special
pallet. I also have got a bee boom which would eliminate even handling the
first time but the boys pulling supers would rather lift the boxes than mess
with the boom.

 frames are ONLY removed from the  box when they go  in the uncapping
machine.

Does  Scot and Dee's  method use less labor? Certainly less bee go. My
method works equally well with  Fischer's bee quick.

The fume board as no equal on speed of removing supers!

Blowing bees (which we do when temps are too low for a fume board to work)
is slower than a fume board and more work.

Sincerely,
Bob Harrison
"approaching fifty years of beekeeping "

--
believed to be clean.