From:
Robert Brenchley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 13:58:56 EDT
    Hi All.

    We do in fact have an alternative treatment available in the UK;
Apiguard, which is a Thymol gel. It's marketed as a 'non-medicinal curative
substance' (whatever that piece of nonsense means) in order to get round the
regulations. I've used it for two seasons, and my mite numbers remain very
low. However, I've found all through that I had so few mites that it was
difficult to find them in the floor debris. Sticky tests yield the occasional
mite, but often draw a blank. What I don't know is whether Thymol will deal
with a situation where someone's hives locally collapse due to resistance.

Regards,

Robert Brenchley,
Birmingham, UK.