From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jan 2017 17:10:33 -0800

> > What was the varroa infestation rate at the time of taking the sample?
> >MAQs {had been] applied the first week of August, and then again Sept 20.

>The sample was taken mid September and they recorded 5 per 100.

I see the above scenario played out quite frequently.  For the sample to
show a 5% infestation 4 weeks after completing a treatment with MAQS, it
indicates that the infestation rate was considerable back in August.  Had
you gotten mites down to a lower level in August, the colony may have been
able to clear itself of the DWV epidemic (based upon my experience).
Otherwise, it's too little, too late, and the colony will enter winter
still sick.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA