From:
Rory Stenerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 1997 11:15:22 -0400
Bob Billison wrote:

"Being only a hobbyist beekeeper selling isn't at the top of my priority
list.  However, I realize others do depend on getting decent price for
their honey.  I certainly don't want to hurt them or myself by selling
cheap, nor do I want to rip-off customers.

I tried comparing prices in stores but the range is quite wide.  The big
chain food stores are at the low end and 'health food' stores at the high
end.

So how do I figure a fair retail price for my 1 pint jars of honey?"

Bob, I'm in the same position as you.  What I'm going to do is use the
current pricing listed/reported in Bee Culture.  You could probably
extrapolate a price for your pint size from the sizes and container
information listed every month for each geographic market.

Just an idea,

Rory Stenerson
Member - Centre County Beekeepers Association
State College, PA U.S.A.